Knee Update


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



For those interested, I went to the doctor yesterday to have a look at the state of my knee.

It appears that I've torn the meniscus cartilege in my left knee and the joint won't straighten or 'lock'. Looks like keyhole surgery for me, then. With 9 weeks to go before blast off (so to speak), I just hope that I can get seen by the surgon within around 4 or 5 weeks time! As ever, my curiosity got the better of me and I had to have a poke around on Wikipedia to see what they said. It makes me feel a bit sick...

"One procedure involves threading long needles into the meniscus and out an incision in the back of the knee through the aid of a guide tube called a cannula. The suture thread ends are tied together on the outside of the knee capsule layer to bring the tear together. Another procedure requires specially designed devices that employ multiple sutures and knot pusher instruments to allow surgeons to provide excellent meniscal repair with just a single 1 ½” incision.
The majority of meniscal tears are not suitable for repair and instead the torn piece is removed, known as a menisectomy."







Taken from www.wikipedia.com



Yummy! Not even Ed the Crock can save me here!
On the up side, Chris is embedded and making a nuisence of himself at Vegantune and should be doing some updates on the car fixing scenario. The 'One Woman Army' that is my mother, has started fundraising for us with typical gusto and an early report states that £20 has been raised so far at her end. Watch out good people of Wormingford and Colchester! Thanks Mum, we are now looking at a £65 total and I haven't started properly yet for obvious reasons!
Dave.


0 Responses to “Knee Update”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link