E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



A copy of the original application letter. No idea if this had any influence on us getting a place or not...

Dear Sir

Both my co-driver and myself are looking for a challenge, an adventure and the opportunity to make a real, if small difference at a local level Gambia by importing a vehicle suitable for the local terrain, raising money for local community projects and raising awareness of current West African issues in England, prior to departing.

We are both becoming more and more obsessed with the idea of ‘travelling’ in a non-conventional manner. Ewan McGregor’s round the world motorbike trip ‘The Long Way Round’ is a perfect example of the type of experience we are both looking for and we both followed the progress of the teams this year with a growing sense of excitement at the possibility of being involved.

I am a graduate mechanical engineer with several years’ hands on mechanical automotive experience in motor-sport and general service. I have a range of contacts in the industry that have already indicated their willingness to provide support by way of parts and services. Our potential main sponsor has a considerable amount of experience travelling and working with local people in West and North Africa and is very keen to be involved.

I have spent 8 months living and working in the South of France and both me and my co-driver(Dave) speak French reasonably well. Dave is a photographer and between him and my brother who works in audio visual production we would be looking to use their contacts to raise money and awareness through local press, television and radio, our recently established website
www.ibrakeforcake.com and would use our vehicle to generate interest at the various tracks and motor sport events I am involved with.

I am convinced that, between Dave, myself, our contacts and an appetite for a adventure we would present an organised, well supported, properly prepared team that puts at least as much back into your project as a whole as we get from the experience itself.

Regards


Team ibrakeforcake


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link